I wanted to try Gee Free brand puff pastry dough since I found it a few weeks ago. I finally got my hands on some. Of course I couldn’t let my homemade jelly go to waste, so I made a childhood favorite 😀
I wanted to use parchment paper, but I was out. So I lightly greased a baking sheet with coconut oil and dusted it with cornstarch.
I didn’t use a recipe and made this all up as I went along..
You Will Need:
- 1 sheet puffy gee free puff pastry dough
- about 3 tsp jelly of choice
- 1 egg
- pastry brush
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 425○F
- Place pastry sheet horizontally on cutting board. Cut into 3 equal columns and 2 equal rows (for a total of 6 equal squares).
- Gently pull the squares a little bit bigger.
- Place about 1/2 tsp of jelly into the center of each piece.
- Gently fold one corner of each piece to the corner diagonally across from it, creating a triangle.
- Use fork to press around the open edges and corners, securing them down.
- In a small bowl, scramble the egg. Use the pastry brush to spread the egg wash over the tops of each turnover.
- Place in oven for about 10-12 minutes until the dough is lightly browned.
- You probably want to let these cool. But maybe eat with ice cream or drizzled chocolate or something yummy?? 🙂