Music has always been a huge connection to my emotions for me. If I’m in a bad mood, I listen to songs that I can relate to in the moment. If I’m in a good mood, I listen to songs that makes me dance around and sing. I jam out while I’m cooking, driving, and even brushing my teeth!
The past 2 years for me meant moving and new jobs…and it left me really needing to feel like myself again. Music was definitely the best place to start. I made playlists of all the old music I liked, I actively searched for new music, and I went to shows for bands my coworkers were in! Plus after trying to see Portugal. the Man (my favorite band) for 7 years, I finally got to see them live! Twice!
This list is all of the songs that I loved listening to this year. Not all of these came out in 2017. Not all of these are styles of music that I usually listen to. And that’s what makes this list great.
10) Hold My Heart by Lindsey Stirling ft ZZ Ward
9) Glitter & Gold- Barns Courtney
8) Raise Hell- Dorothy
7) Little One- Highly Suspect
6) Sorry Not Sorry- Demi Lovato
5) I’m Still Standing- Sing (Movie Soundtrack)
4) Oh Devil or Back For Me- Electric Guest
3) Feel it Still- Portugal. the Man
2) Death of a Bachelor- Panic! at the Disco
1) Live in the Moment- Portugal. the Man
Honorable Mentions in No Order:
Give Love by Andy Grammer,
Faith from the Sing Movie Soundtrack,
Tell Me You Love Me by Demi Lovato,
Trouble in Mind by Larkin Poe,
Rock & Roll Queen by The Subways,
Feels Like Summer by Weezer