Getting into these colder months I definitely day dream more about eating a hot meal. But I also still have to go to work…enter the slow cooker!
This may be a little soon for some people, but I love thanksgiving food (stuffing!!) so much that I’m just going to post this Chicken and Stuffing Slow Cooker Recipe.
When I make this I’m going to:
- replace the water with Imagine Foods no chicken broth
- for the gravy mix, I’m going to buy those GF gravy packets from whole foods
- I might change my mind on this, but maybe the Glutino cornbread stuffing?? or Gillian’s if I can find that in a store around here!
- replace butter with Earth Balance buttery spread
Note to self: check out more recipes from this page!
Fall in general starts pie season, but I really start to get into it around Thanksgiving! Now that the holiday pies are all gone, I found another recipe I’d like to try!
The original recipe for this Avocado Key Lime Pie isn’t gluten free or dairy free, but here is my version of the ingredients I want to use when I make this:
- 1 1/2 cups of GF graham cracker crumbs (kinnikinnick brand)
- 1/2 softened coconut oil
- 8 oz cream cheese alternative (either daiya or homemade cashew based)
- 1 avocado
- 3/4-1 cup coconut sugar
- 3 TBS key lime (if you can find it) juice
- 3/4 DF whipping cream alternative (preferably chilled canned coconut cream separated from the water)
- 1/2 TBS lime zest
And maybe some extra “whipped cream” for garnish 😀
Also this recipe is already vegan!
I finally got a nice blender 🙂
Today I celebrated by making cashew milk!
- 1 cup soaked raw cashews (3/4 cup before soaking)
- 4 cups filtered water
- soaked (like 10 minutes) dates (to taste, i used 4)
- pinch of salt
- dash of vanilla extract
- optional: extra sweetener such as maple syrup or agave
Blend, blend blend! Enjoy 😀 optional:strain through a nut bag, but it usually blends pretty smooth
And I had a green smoothie too! Mmmm 🙂 Greens, frozen fruit, banana, coconut water!